Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Sound of Music


Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things
Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things
When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad
Remember this song? Yes, it's ''My Favorite Things'' one of the beautiful song in Sound of Music, and also my favorite song of all.
I found my The Sound of Music VCD few days ago. It's long long time ago since the last time I watch the movie. But it's still lovely! Well of course the quality of the movie is bad, it's not an original VCD, yes it's VCD not DVD (and I watch it on wide screen TV, so yeah you can imagine huh? -.-") also there was some weird voices that sounds like "Krssskssksks ciusssss" but the movie was too good so I can't complain, right?



The singing, lyrics, words, dancing, stories, acts, scenery, everything is: BEAUTIFUL!
I don't know why, but I was tearing a little when I saw the movie.
And yeah, I must mention Maria (Julie Andrews) and the Von Trapp kids, their voice was AMAZING. I was searching the movie pictures on google, and found some photos of the Von Trapp kids, which are already grown up as adults. I found the pictures in Angela Cartwright's blog, who played as Brigitta.

Know who played as who? No? Well, me too at first. But there some text that explaining about that :P


Kym Karath (Gretl), Debbie Turner (Marta), Me (Brigitta), Nicholas Hammond (Frederich), Heather Menzies (Louisa), Duane Chase (Kurt), Charmian Carr (Liesl)



2 comments:

  1. the sound of music is so cool!!!
    I watched it last night and it was so good!!

    I love the Von Trapp children!!!
    Of course now they are much older!!
    And Liesl is really good at balllet!!!!

    plus, Gretl is SOOOO cute!!

    I love the sound of music!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeahm i like this film, the coolest film ever, i think..

    ReplyDelete